Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vegas Baby!

When I attended BYU I had a very good friend--Patty--from Chicago. She graduated before me (way before me because she was actually on the four year track) and moved back to Chicago. We kind of stayed in contact, but not too much. (Important side note about me--I tend to be more of a 'here and now' person and am always glad when people contact me because I just get too wrapped up in what I'm doing and don't reach out to those I love and want to keep as friends.)

Last year we reconnected again, which is awesome! She was going to be in Nevada with her husband and kids visiting family over Christmas. Long story short, after changing our plans literally twenty times or more, we finally were able to meet up in Mesquite Nevada. (Thanks so much for your incredible patience Patty!) It was so much fun to get to talk face-to-face! We just get each other and are so good for each other. Her husband Bil came too which was really nice. It was nice to get a chance to get to know him and see the dynamics between him and Patty. It was really so fantastic to see her!!!

We wanted to see the Bellagio at Christmas so we drove to Vegas just to go to the Bellagio. It was stunning as usual.
Here is the Bellagio's Christmas tree and fountain behind us. We also stopped and had some yummy pastries. The true reason we went to Vegas was to go to Trader Joes. They don't have one in Utah and my mom and sister love it! When I was skiing at Brian Head I got into a conversation with a guy on a snowmobile--very nice guy--who was curious about our trip. I told him we were literally going to Vegas to go to Trader Joes. He said he did the same thing with a donut shop so he understood. It was a long way to go for food. ;)

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Visiting with you was the highlight of my trip, and the trip was fun, so that says a lot! I can't tell you how much I love that we can pick up (after a 7-year or more separation) like no time had passed at all. I love that! And I am still thinking about some of the things you said, like asking yourself "what does that mean to me?" etc.

Thank you SOOOOO much for making that trip! I know it was a long drive for you guys, but I sure appreciated it!