After visiting with JL and her family I flew to Utah. I had two huge suitcases that were fifty pounds each. I was taking a suitcase back for my mom full of her stuff. Let me tell you though that I totally filled it up with tons of stuff and still brought home two huge suitcases that were fifty pounds each.
I had a great time in Utah! I ended up being sick for a good portion of my time though and didn't get to see a few people I wanted to see (i.e., Monica). I did get to see my dear friend Richard though. He was my boss years ago. I still remember the day he retired. After his party I went down to my car and sobbed. I was so sad he was leaving. Luckily we have stayed very good friends. He has been such a wonderful influence in my life and I am so grateful for him!
I feel like time is in a different dimension when I am home. I don't want to leave the house and just want to hangout with my family. Time goes so quickly it's like a blink of the eye. When I was feeling better I hit the ground running to get things done I wanted to do.

I really wanted to go skiing--downhill this trip. Cindy went with me to Alta to ski for the day. It was an absolute blast!!!! It was sooooo cold though. I needed help with my boots and Cindy said she would help me as soon as she could use her hand. It was true--she couldn't move it. It was only 2 degrees up there. We were frozen, but so worth it. It had just snowed the night before so there was fresh powder. Wow! When we were on the ski lift it looked like we were in a giant snow globe with glittery snow. It was just stunning! So much fun!!! We also went to Brian Head and Solitude for cross-country skiing. I would ski and my mom and Cindy went snowshoeing.


We went to Heritage State Park for the Christmas festivities. It was snowing so it made it more beautiful. We got to visit with St. Nick and we made ornaments. They had a live nativity and even an elf village.
It was a very nice visit home though too short as always. I am very grateful for my family and the time we have to celebrate together. I have a friend who has never had a Christmas that I have every year. It really makes me appreciate what I have!
No comments:
Post a Comment