Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beach Weekend

Tom took me to the beach this weekend. He is so good to me!  He had never been to the Delaware beaches.  I was looking forward to sharing my love for the beach with him since it's such a big part of me.  To say I love the beach is an understatement.  It calms my soul, it makes me feel alive and happy in ways I can't express in words.

Saturday morning it was raining so we were wondering if we should go. Tom either has some 'magic' or really good mo-jo because it seems like whenever we have plans for a road trip we have good weather.  It was still raining until we got within a few miles of the beach. Then miraculously it stopped raining. Yay!!!!

We got to the beach and hardly anyone was there. It was really windy, but no need for an umbrella. It stayed cloudy all day and the water was too cold for us to get into though there were many brave souls in the water.

It ended up being a wonderful day at the beach!  It was so relaxing and nice. We did have a little rain scare and we put our stuff in the car, but it stopped raining after a few minutes so we went back out. The little bit of rain drove at least fifty percent of the people off the beach.  I should have taken a picture.  I have never seen so few people there.  It had been so hot the last couple of weeks so it was really weird to have somewhat cool weather.

We went on a long walk and found a large group of people having a party.  They were playing some kind of drums and standing in the water. It was very curious. Before we got close enough I thought they were pylons in the water.  I know that area pretty well so I thought it was something new. :)  We watched the birds and found a few shells. It was just a great day at the beach!

That evening we had dinner at a diner in Salisbury Maryland. It was a very local experience to say the least.  Really yummy fish!  I have lived in the DC area for so long I have forgotten about small town living- the different types of people and how different our lives are. Tom and I got a lot of looks. :).

At 8:30 pm I was totally ready to go to sleep--how sad is that! I am getting old!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

The cold beach sounds like my kind of beach weather. I really need to live near the water--it is very rejuvinating for me!!
Hugs, Mom