Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Drenched

I wanted to bike again to work this week and thought Monday might be the best day because I would be all rested from the weekend.  I looked at the weather online and it said there was a 30% chance of rain, but that didn't seem that high.  I didn't turn on the tv so I'm not sure what the news said.  I got up early on Monday and noticed the ground was wet.  I thought-great the rain has already been and gone.  What I didn't realize was that I was going to catch up with it.  Once I got on my bike and had gone a few miles it started to pour!  I was absolutely soaking wet.  I actually enjoy biking in the rain, but with my backpack on with the clothes I planned to wear that day on my back along with other things I didn't want to get wet, I was a little concerned. 

Once I got to the parking garage I was so wet I could wring out my shirt.  My backpack was actually now carrying water that I had to dump out.  When I got on the elevator to go into the building this women got on the elevator with me and gave me the most startled look.  I thought it was hilarious!  I'm glad I could jump start her morning. :)  I got showered and changed (luckily all the contents were dry because I had them in plastic bags and it didn't get through) and was able to take my things over to a laundry facility we have in the building.  So really it all worked out great.  Took a little more time to get all dried out, but it was fun.

No comments: