Monday, August 17, 2009

Back Issues

So a few weeks ago I was standing in my bathroom getting ready for church and all of a sudden I felt like someone had taken two very sharp knives and stabbed me in two places in my back. Long story short, I pulled a rib out (by standing--how I don't know) and I have something wrong with one of my joints in my spine. (This is the one that causes most of the pain.) Well, as you all know, patience is not a virtue I have, so this has been driving me crazy! I can't spin or lift weights so going along with the previous blog of eating everything in site, I haven't been exercising very hard. Ahhh!
Carrie came over last week (and is coming over today) to tread water with me at my pool. I never knew what great exercise that is. Carrie is really good and doesn't ever have to grab the side. I'm not that great, but it's fun when you do it with someone else. (I would be bored out of my mind if I had to do it alone!)
I have also, as instructed, taken up yoga. Evidently I have very tight muscles so I need yoga to stretch them. It's actually really nice--the stretching part, the calm music, and the slow movements. I am going to sign up for a yoga class this fall at the rec center near my house and I think I will also sign up for swing dancing. I haven't told my doctor about the swing classes yet and may not. :) It's fun to have something to look forward to.
OH, and I have decided to start saving up for my fortieth birthday. You will never guess where I am going to go. It's exotic, a place I have wanted to go for years, very mysterious, and really super cool. Ideas? Easter Island! I figured forty is a pretty depressing year so now I have something absolutely amazing to look forward to so it will be fantastic instead of depressing. I'm not sure what I'm going to put with it. I have also wanted to go to the Cook Islands so I might put those two together. I opened my savings account today so I'll be all ready in several years. Yea!!!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

The trip idea is fantastic! You know, I should do that. I will be 40 on our 10th anniversary and going to Hawaii would make the birthday so much easier to deal with...

I love swing dancing! Back when I was single and still in Chicago, I took a bunch of classes and had a friend who would take me dancing all the time. He was really good so it was loads of fun. I so miss it. It's great because it is such good exercise, but you are having so much fun, you don't even notice.