Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Addison and Other Stuff

It was my favorite (and only) nieces third birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Addison!!! When JL was here I bought her a rodent thing that is really popular right now. I sent a note to JL and reminded her to give the rodent to Addison. When I called her JL told me it was a zuzu (I think that's the name.) I still think it's pretty funny to say it's a rodent. :) Evidently it's a popular gift--she received five of them. :)

It's finally spring. FINALLY!!! I really needed the spring to come this year--probably always. I feel like I am coming alive again just like the trees are all of a sudden a nice fresh new green and the ones that bloom start to show their blossoms. I miss living in Annandale as there were lots of azaleas and dogwood trees. Out where I live now I didn't even know they were blooming yet until I saw a young dogwood tree today. Despite the lack of the bushes and trees, I am still very happy with spring. There are trees that look like carnations popping up everywhere. There is a tree that reminds me of a weeping willow, but its blooms are a beautiful baby pink. It's a stunning tree.

I went to the opera Madame Butterfly the other day. I was super excited for this opera and have waited for it the whole season. It was very good, but the funny thing was that I kept waiting for this one aria. I waited and waited. When the opera was over I realized that the aria was in La Boheme not in Madame Butterfly. However, there was a gorgeous aria in it that I did not recall hearing (even though I have.) Love just always seems so hard. Look at all of the songs about love and loss and all of the books about the same topic.

The government was almost furloughed last week. I decided that day (Friday) that if they did furlough that I would go to Bahamas to Club Med for a week. I called a friend and asked her if I could spend the night and then have her take me to the airport at 5:30 am. I packed my bags ready for my trip. I waited up until 11:00 and heard the news that they were not going to furlough. Even though it was a very good thing for everyone that the government did not shut down, I must say that for me, I was disappointed. All week I kept thinking (as more stress was added at work or something happened I was not happy about) how I would have been in the Bahamas. Such is life.

No comments: