Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wedding and Old Friends

Margarita Tapia and me at Marty's open house

Me, Marty, and Kat. Her wedding dress was beautiful!
Below is a picture of Ann and me. I served my mission in western Pennsylvania. While there I met this wonderful family, the Browns, whom I have kept in contact with since my mission. The kids, Marty and Mike, were in junior high and high school when I was there. Now of course they are all grown up. I went to Prague with Mike a few years ago and Marty and I get together once in awhile to catch up. Marty got married in June and had an open house this past weekend. I was so excited that he got married. When he called and told me that he was getting married I literally screamed in his ear. He asked me if I was done and I said no, took the phone away from my mouth and screamed again. I was just so excited that he found such a fantastic woman because he is such a great guy, but he’s quirky.

When I walked in, I first saw Jerry, the dad. I went up to him and when he gave me a hug he actually lifted me completely off the floor. It was so funny and sweet. I totally enjoyed the attention. Ann, the wife, was there too. I was so happy to see her. She is an amazing woman and I appreciate her thoughts and the way she sorts through information to get to the heart of things. Then, my old housemate, Maggie was there. I was so excited to see her. She has lost a lot of weight and just looks so beautiful! She was always beautiful, but without some of the weight she just looks amazing. It was fun to talk to her and catch up. The bride, Kat, came up to me and said, 'Oh, you are the unofficial sister. I have heard a lot about you.' It was so sweet to know that they had said they had an unofficial sister. Mike wasn't there because he had to work. I wished he could have been there. I'm trying to convince him to put me back on his flight benefits. :)

No comments: