Sunday, May 23, 2010

Melissa and Ben's Wedding

Ben Moss, Melissa Moss (as of today), and me.
Jen Anderson, Nicole Davis, Carrie Johanson (holding little Claire Davis), Tiffanie Williams, and me.
Melissa's colors were orange and pink. When I heard that I thought they would be hideous together, but it was really quite beautiful! You can see how well they go together on the cake.
This was the grooms cake. Ben does construction and is working on a degree in construction management.

Melissa and Ben got married yesterday. What a fun wedding. I went around 1:30 in the afternoon so I could help with the setup of the reception. This is the group of us who set up the reception. There was one other guy who isn't in the photo. Ginger (in the back) did such a great job organizing everything and making it so beautiful! We are holding sparkling cider for the toast during the reception.

It didn't rain all day, but as soon as the bride and groom arrived it started to pour. It rained on and off for the rest of the reception. We were under a tent, but some of the tables still got wet and the hair really frizzed from the humidity. It all worked out though. The tables had candles on them and it made it look kind of magical. The tent was away from the building so it was it's own little world for a few hours.

There was a little dance floor in the tent. We actually got up and danced. The music was so Melissa and Tiffanie. There were songs like "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and "Love Shack." It was a lot of fun. My friend Carrie flew in from Arizona. It was so good to see her, but with everything going on and the music we really didn't have a chance to talk. That's often the down side to events with a lot of people. There is so much going on.

I don't typically do wedding receptions because I find them tedious. However, the last few wedding receptions I have attended (of my really good friends) have been a lot of fun because I know many of the people there and I get to catch up (at least briefly) with people I haven't seen in awhile.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

You're right. Those colors do look great together. I never would've imagined it! You look really pretty in that dress!